10 January 2014

The Trans-American Jersey Delivery

I am two jerseys richer and not all smiles today, but this helped take my mind off the other issues for a brief moment anyway. I am also going to see these Thieves in Banditland again tonight as I hope Troy Cordingley gets to stick it to his former coaching employer Toronto. I don't believe he should've been fired, but then we may or may not have picked him up. But that's not what were here for right now!







Both of these got here yesterday (a day later than expected) as anticipated due to the snowstorm that I knew wasn't really a blizzard though a blizzard warning was issued. I wore the Strangers jersey a bit and quite honestly it felt good, and I was worried because I have never worn a jersey of a team that I don't support before much less one of a team I don't like. It goes to show that I really am one for the jersey. I do wan't to have that one customized (if it were a player, only Mike Richter - though Rick DiPietro would be funny). But for now, I'm content with a blank one.







The Halos one meanwhile, I think we all know what's coming. Eventually, I will invest in a Tim Salmon, Nolan Ryan, and Gene Autry edition over time, but those for now will wait too. A David Eckstein would be nice, he didn't want to leave Anaheim when we didn't want to renew his contract. They wound up granting him free agency (DEC '04) to sign absolutely nobody big (all of '05), draft and sign Peter Bourjos who we just recently traded for David Freese, draft and not sign Buster Posey in the 50th round, and have the Royals claim Joel Peralta off of waivers. Eckstein was hard to keep off the base pads as the lead-off man with a high OPS and good Walks to strike-outs ratio. He even had back to back walk-off grand slams in consecutive games against the Blue Jays on May 28 and 29 of 2002 at home.

As I am mentally preparing fro the next couple weeks ahead, I am may seem out of touch. Don't worry about it, it's one of t he most hectic times of the year as I am doing some extensive travelling as far as other than my return to Massachusetts. I'll be back Sunday, but I'm up at HCI in a half hour. That will wrap up today - enjoy your weekend!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.