06 January 2014

Fry Up the Eagles

Lately, I've been working on the Nike Revo (American) football jersey template. I don't like it because, it is too restrictive (more than one would think anyway). In the mean time, I forgot to mention yesterday that I found an "Acid Trip" Coyotes jersey up for bids on Ebay. I started on it as the second bidder at US$2.50. Then first person in the war responded a few times and I am now going to wait until the very end and stealth it so that I don't bid up on myself. Right now, the other bidder is at US$25-ish from what I remember give or take a dollar. But it is indeed another blank jersey.

Outside of that my Lady Liberty jersey should be here between Wednesday and Friday. Expect it to be on here by Sunday (if arriving on Friday). Good thing is that I'll get a little love form the decent-sized Ranger crowd when I'm back in Springfield. But back to the Revo template, I have one concept ready. As one parody goes: "fry up the Eagles, with Philly cheese; fry up the Eagles 'cause we hate the NFC," and the next verse "fry up the Eagles, fricassee; fry up the Eagles, then we'll toast the referee." For the correct order of everything, I put the YouTube video up below (I own the discs with all of these Bills parodies). This certainly is better for some rival fans than the original Fly Like an Eagle by the Steve Miller Band. That was parodied by the local 96.9 rock station in Buffalo during the Bills Super Bowl runs just prior to being their flagship radio station (which affiliation ran up to the end of the 2011-12 season).


Now I don't know how the on-field jerseys actually look, but I feel that even those are lightweight (nothing stitched on). One big thing that I don't like, stitching or not, is the lack of number outlines - though I am trying to follow what appears to be accurate to this template. There are matching helmet template, but i haven't found a good one yet. Anyway, I do know that some form of the team logo is placed just below the collar and the NFL shield is in the middle of the collar bottom. I also know the numbers in many cases are even more over-sized than my rendition above. The shoulders have some flexibility in them with that the sleeves can be use either for the striping and/or logo with the numbers above it on the shoulders or it can be replaced by numbers without either of the former with the shoulders then being blank. Those are the main things, but still. Now-a-days NFL jerseys with me have lost their splendor. The fun jerseys are gone and most if not all seem bland (most of the league) or overdone (Seattle). This again is all about the template in the eyes of Reebok. Nike then took over and came out with their own thing, but are not quite as unique as Reebok - though I'm not particularly fond of either firm. That's enough football for me for ever, but I'm sure I will come back to it again - in discussion anyway. It's difficult for me to design, but the effort is there anyway. Until next time.



-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.