03 January 2014

The Buffalo in Buffalo Nickel Graphics

Man, it's going to be a really good jersey week if today goes well. I am currently the only bidder on a Lady Liberty jersey it ends tonight around 8PM EST (-5:00 GMT). I am really hoping things stay that way. Before that I went out to the local Dave and Adams Card Shop location to me (literally down the street from my grandparents place) and got a jersey I waited for. I knew that as an anniversary jersey jersey that it would not be used for too long, but I knew it had to be at least for the league minimum two seasons before they dropped the prices. Then I knew I would have to wait until holiday time for any additional discounts. Now, I own my fifth Buffalo Sabres jersey!  A 2006/07 era home and road plus a pre-1996/97 (red and black) home white in addition to the 40th anniversary jersey. You'll be able to see them all soon. I have a jersey from the red and black era that I have slightly outgrown, but could probably still wear if I can find what my family did with it - a blank black uniform which I had transformed into a Dominik Hasek jersey after purchase in either 1998 or 1999. I couldn't wear it until at least 2001 anyway.


Elsewhere, I promised an AFL version of a plaid uniform and I am delivering on that. I didn't use Zubaz, that combination once was enough - no need to go overboard with it thought it wouldn't be bad necessarily. But I didn't go completely argyle either, I kept traditional North Melbourne striping but in the style of the argyle (rhyme not intended). I've seen the white done with these colors on lacrosse shorts before so I wanted to go in the middle, assuming that a neutral shade of blue wasn't dark enough to make it look cool. It is an illusion, but as the bottom of the socks indicate, the base color of the pattern is white, not "Argentina" blue. To keep color, the blue home/away shorts will be kept rather that different colored shorts. Didn't look exactky as I had figured, but not nearly enough to say it was a bad idea.


One jersey down, one to go, I'm really hoping this pulls through several hours from now! I can't believe my winter break is half over though already. It feels as though the next week and a half will fly by. But fear not, there will still be posts ready for you then, just as there will be before that time comes. I look forward to them all, hope you do too.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.