05 January 2014

New Jerseys are Afoot

I've won that Lady Liberty jersey! Well, not the one I originally bid on, but one that got listed around the time Friday's post went up and I saw after publication. By that point the other one I bid the other guy up to US$91 and double-checked for newly listed items which I found the one I won. It was slightly cheaper and I bought it even though I could bid on it and wait two days (I wanted the satisfaction of not getting outbid and more-so not waiting).

In the mean time, another jersey was listed before either of those. I found an original Lightning alternate jersey which I initially bet on and got outbid. From there I gave up, found the Lady Liberty ones and saw that when I got outbid was the last placed bid. I had decided to bid on it again but did not and wound up losing the bidding war to a late entrant who wasn't previously bidding (the new guy doubled to over $100 and won  it). This jersey happens to be in need of a slight face lift as the crest logo is slightly removed from the jersey. I don't think it is stitched on, but it isn't a cheap application (historically accurate crest material?) either. I could have even taken it to my buddies at Al-Ross Sports Screening, whose relative graduated with me from school. Not sure about Al, but Ross Cellino is the uncle of my classmate and the Cellino of the Buffalo-owned Cellino and Barnes law firm. He was for a time an employee for the locally-famous Cellino family plumbing business when his law licence was suspended in the mid 2000s. Never met him, just members my classmate's immediate family (mom and dad).

(Look at the bottom of the bolt)

Let's go back to that Rangers jersey for a sec. I want to have it customized but am not sure to what yet. If anyone that actually played - Mike Richter. He even got to wear the design on occasion. I thought about the name September and number 11 on the back with their memorial ribbon patch on the right side of the front. But i'm sure the patch is extremely hard to find and 9/11 has no real significance to me other than I love my country and it's a touchy subject in general. I would then need to get one of the Bruins alternates (the current ones or else "Winnie the Pooh") and put B. Strong for the name and the number as 3 if I had the Rangers one embroidered as mentioned above. I use 4 instead of 617 because the area code represents only the members of just that whereas the three represent the death toll which represent both local and international communities Bostonian and Chinese). 1 for One Fund Boston and 20 for the 4 deceased and 16 known new victims who lost limbs either on site or were amputated on are other alternatives. If you have suggestions, you're welcome to leave them in the comments below.

May I also add that the Buffalo Sabres have been playing both rather well at home and in the second period as of late, things they had struggled to do all season. They now have six consecutive wins at home. And the Niagara-on-the-Lake native Zenon Konopka looked good in his first game in blue and gold from waivers by Minnesota. In addition, Matt D'Agostini has his first goal of the season and as a Sabre. Elsewhere, I went to our lakefront property today. After having gone last week, I realized it was my first visit since the upstairs restroom was completed. If my mother has them, I will try to provide them.



Nothing special, but definitely better than it was. My mom was the "designer" and we had hired an Amish furnisher to help with specifically the woodwork. It turned out better than I figured so it all worked out. Speaking out out, it's time for me to peace out. Until next time!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.