09 January 2014

Lady Liberty and the Pioneers

Sounds like a good band name for someone. Here's how this is going to work. So that I can adequately space out my concepts in timing with going back to Springfield next week, I am going to utilize recently submitted concepts by Jake88. New readers who aren't familiar with his work, check out his other stuff in his portfolio on the "conrtib's" tab or you can find stuff on his blog, though it's been a while since posting.


I will tell you that I was not a fan of some of the specs of  this HJC contest and that I don't like submitting my artwork to be yielded to the inquiring entity (so I don't enter). I would at least require a small royalty fee, just for each time the hire me to do the design portion. After I've made it I don't care what happens to it as long as it isn't distorted without permission and seeing as I've been compensated for my labor. While I don't mind the originality piece, I didn't like any of the logos or wordmark that people came up with.
Jake88 really had the best entry. That's because of the two alternates. However, I would make the grey uniform red and conversely the red to grey. I like the other jerseys as well. Everything in these designs are perfect except the primary/crest logo and the striping on the red alternate. With the striping, keep it but change the hem and cuffs to red or switch the white and blue in the striping then keep the cuffs and hem navy.

While I regret not sharing a concept of mine with you, I have at least one that was finished yesterday morning and that one is the one I will present Sunday with another concept from today's contributor to boot. My two jerseys should be in today and will both appear briefly tomorrow with a little bit more on Monday. Sally forth and a good day to you all!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.