02 January 2014

My Craziest Idea Yet!

I don't know why, but on the day of New Year's Eve, I came up with the tackiest epiphany - argyle and Zubaz. I was going through my templates and saw the Zubaz that I haven't really used since I had created it. Then I thought of that one UNC argyle concept that Dylan Alexander at D-Bro Designs (regular HJC contributor) came up with. Voila, I had a concept. Now the next part was what to use it on. As I was writing the last two sentences, I was prompted to try an Australian football template next (It has been done by Hawthorn {sort-of} in 1995). So that will probably show up tomorrow and templates should be available by then. In the mean time, here's what I've got.


I didn't want to go full scale with the argyle and I figured the Zubaz would be best suited for the shorts. The argyle at least had a few options, those being down the side of the uniform or on the sleeves in addition to what you see above. I randomly remembered GoldToe socks and made that a feature here. The number were sort of difficult to place, but that didn't take too long to figure out. I've always liked the buffalo nickel in a flag roundel better than the standing buffalo logo, so I applied that.

The argyle would probably work better for college and high school teams than professional teams, should they arise. Until then, this is merely a fictional piece. Well, I gave it a go and I'm looking towards tomorrow!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.