12 January 2014

Sound the Alarm!

Greeting to to regulars and a warm welcome to any new readers visiting today. Given my schedule over the next couple of weeks, there will be one concept per post. Those will all be between Alan, Jake, and myself. I apologize for the lack of my work as this will somewhat delay my retro-modern series.


 I've reviewed this at HJC the day after the Blackhawks won Lord Stanley's Cup in 2013. I will quote it verbatim:
This logo does not look like a bear as it's supposed to and it's hideous, but Alan had to make do with what he had. but for the jerseys themselves, not bad at all. What catch my attention are the striping pattern on the sleeves, hem, and yoke. That's what really make the concept with a nice addition of NY Rangers style pants. The only thing is that the black stripe closer to the body of the jersey needs to be a little thicker for my taste, enough so that it evens out the red and gold stripes. 
I stand by everything I said and left out the concept rating from that post. After that drawing class I took in the summer, I discovered other ways to look at objets d'art from several perspectives, which I've now done to unmask things like symmetry (etc . . .). But I do realize what you think one day may change on another day. This is not one of those times.

Well, tomorrow it's Jake88 to step up to the plate and my next concept will be on deck. That will be the next of my series. I await it's unveiling, but not before the excitement from Jake88 of course. See you on the flip side.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.