04 August 2012

The Great Lakes Province

The third part of our mini-series features the candidate city of Hamilton, ON, CAN. However, I am exercising my ability to change the location name under the province of Ontario. This one is an original logo rendering and I think that I can give this a go.

The Art of hockey has annnounced a dealine extension for contest entries, however that will not alter the course of of events here. The swing of things will go something like this; the final hints will pop up here tomorrow then all four concepts will be delivered to Justin Cox at The Art of Hockey.




In the meantime, my fantasy roller hockey roller hockey league - the International Roller Hockey League - the finals are at 4PM NDT (2:30 Eastern, 11:30 Pacific) in the first ever Canadian-only championships in league history. Usually Saturday games are played at 10:30 AM local but because we wanted to make sure our Vancouver United players got some rest on their way from San Diego on Thursday after the night before's Conference Final. My team and hosting St. Johns Journeymen will be competing for a league high sixth title, currently one ahead of the aforementioned San Diego Z's at four. I am not cheating as everything is based on probability software. The next season will start on the Fall Equinox for the next season as there are four seasons in a calendar year.

Anyway, I enhanced the logo using Paint.net as I only had green printer paper at the time. I then colored the page white in PDN, darkened the outlines with the paint tool,  and colored in the logo. Tomorrows concept for Hartford is a hybrid of my own and an actual logo (from the past). But we'll talk more about that then.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.