09 August 2012

Confusion!

There are quite a few teams that need logo and/or color scheme changes, especially in the NHL. Colorado was what I decided to get at today, a full set should come your way tomorrow. Columbus has probably the worst in the league - nothing was wrong with the old one. I'd do some of the other teams, but they have switched their logos in the past five years. I'll leave them be for now, unless I'd like to see a change in the color scheme.

The primary for the new look Avs is as follows.

I didn't know what to draw up for a logo, so I scanned through the collegiate logos in Chris Creamer's collection. I made minor adjustments and got this. Then there are the secondary/patch logos.

^   Originals courtesy of Chris Creamer  

The secondary is the Siena St. Bernard as I thought these would tie in well. The letter "A" is actually made from the University of Hawai'i "H" and it took a bit of work for such simplicity. I could have used the one from their word-mark, but I didn't want to pixelate it and it would have been angled. No matter, this is what I present to you and I will be nack with more!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.