06 August 2012

Hitchhiking the Art of Hockey Touranment

Over the past four days, you've witnessed the potential of four individual concepts to be entered in Justin Cox's NHL expansion tournament on his blog. We will begin in the order in which the mini-series here at BNG started.


You might recognize the logo but did anyone recognize the addition of purple (violet) to the color scheme? It looks so subtle because of the way I "watermarked" the logo here. If the alternate didn't make it obvious, this concept would make you think it may have belonged to a non-MLS soccer team. The purple was inspired by the colors of the New England Sea Wolves, formerly of the Arena Football League. Said alternate actually reminds me of Aquafresh toothpaste based on the striping I used here.


I made reference to "kissing-up to Justin" in the post with the clues for this concept. Now you see why as I used the logo from one of his previous concepts. But I also get help from MLB's New York Mets. I liket their script in these colors, it reminds me a lot of the Wimbledon Championships.


 
Did anyone think old school New Jersey Devils? Well that's not what I had in mind for this concept. An original design, I wanted to name the team after something with an "R" because of how well the NLL's Toronto Rock implemented it in their inaugural season (the only one as the Ontario Raiders in Hamilton). Then I also wanted to see either more green or more of the crest on the provincial flag.


 
Another original logo comes about here. However it is heavily based on the little-used logo of the Australian Football League's Western Bulldogs (formerly the Footscray Bulldogs) after having moved to Western Australia. I actually took the Alternate from the Doggies as I don't hate it, but the current rendition of the logo squashes the height of the dog's silhouette a bit. From afar, the main logo looks intimidating as it seems that there aren't any pupils.

I think that I have to say that my favorite one is the one for Québec. But the myriad of countless ideas will keep filing in, good or bad. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.