29 August 2012

Zubaz Are Making a Comeback?!

It's hard to believe, but it's absolutely 110% true. Zubaz is alive and well! For anything and everything zubaz, their official website can provide you with zubaz galore. The idea for using zubaz for jerseys was spawned off of the concept that was used by some arena football teams in the early 90s when zubaz was first popularized by their creators. If you noticed in the posts with the vintage arena football reels, you mayrecall that some of the teams were in their zubaz uniforms. Speaking of vintage, I know of this lone non-comercial NLL footage on the NLL's official YouTube page.



That was awesome, one of the most important games in league history and featured some of the leagues best (Dallas Eliuk, Ted Dowling, the Gaits, et al) as it is the only regular season or playoff game not completed and ruled final. Then there was a pre-season game in December of 2010 that the same idea occurred.

A professional looking (steady-hand) version.

A longer, not so clean (shaky) version.

Anyway, back to the zubaz. It took me a little over a week to finish the template (including interruptions but not my Boston trip - not during it either) but it is finally done! And naturally, it's is followed with a jersey concept just as it's Hawai'ian predecessor. Just like the Hawai'ian concept, it is revolved around the Ducks. I thought about the "Mistral" font from the "Wild Wing" jerseys, but it seemed over the top as it would have blended in too much with the zubaz design and got lost in the jersey scheme.

Tri-colored template

Bi-colored template
I am strongly considering a Mighty Ducks concept for tomorrow's post, but that is up in the air for now based on what I have left for school prep since I leave for Syracuse on Thursday night and then Springfield on Friday morning. Again, the "Mistral" font would be overkill, but I might play around with it so I can actually see what it would look like. Until then we all (including myself) will have to wait and see.

It's hard to use gold as the outline of the individual stripes and gold on orange doesn't look as solid.
Today, I refereed a scrimmage between my high school and one from my hometown as my hometown's east side won 5-0. I am supposed to like the west side teams since I live in their "territory" but I grew up with some of their recent athletes and they turned into arrogant and cocky players (not all of them, but their behavior is encouraged by their teammates) which is why I side with them. That made this a neutral match as I played with my high school team and now help the coach before I go to Springfield (like I'm not bi-partisan as a USSF and intramural referee as is). Also, big news out of Buffalo as Terry Pegula's and not Carl Paladino's plan has been chosen to develope the area where Buffalo's Memorial Auditorium once stood. The article from sports radio WGR 550 has been released.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.