14 August 2012

Final Removal of Reunion Arena?

Reunion Arena in Dallas was demolished in 2009, but is the Turco-less and Modano-less era in Dallas finally coming to an end. The new contest over at HJC is trying just that, on a small scale. This contest is keeping the Dallas Stars name with at least a different color scheme if not a different logo. I had to think to at least use blue and white in the arrangements should I make a submission. Furthermore, I should add red so a balance is created of the "Big 4" (NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA) teams in Dallas - half with and half without red. That settles it, I created a concept. if anyone remembers the Canadiens inspired green third jersey I made for Dallas that showed up on HJC.

HJC third jersey contest entry, unused for competition.

Yes, this is the same one replaced by the bland Detroit I sent in . . . you could submit one entry per team without a third jersey. The Columbus and Toronto one's were scrapped mid-contest and the Jackets one still hasn't made it to HJC. But the past for now is behind us; but because Ryan liked this jersey, I might re-send this without the home and road. However, I reiterated the third jersey used here, and turned it into that blue Canadiens jersey with some alterations. Then I made the home and roads afterwards.

The new Dallas Stars

In time for their 20th anniversary festivities since the move to Texas, I took the Mighty Ducks (not Ducks) most recent jersey font. Speaking of most recent, notice the most recent addition of Derek Roy being featured here. Roy was trade by the Sabres in exchange for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy. That's all I got for today, tomorrow, I will kind of return the favor for the Art of Hockey as Justin will be sent a jersey concept for his blog (literally).

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.