30 August 2012

Duck and Cover for the End of Summer!

     As expected, I was able to publish and unveil the Mighty Ducks era color scheme for both the zubaz and Hawai'ian concepts. It was a matter of how to color them, it was pretty easy for the zubaz as eggplant clearly looked better than jade as the sweater's main color (at least I thought so). I took a different approach and used the silver, white, and black "Wild Wing mask" logo and used that as the crest logo and doesn't look too shabby. Thus I accorsingly added silver to the number and name on back with black to better highlight the crest logo. I tampered with the idea of using the "Anaheim" script from the black third jerseys of the era but demoted the logo to shoulder patch.

Wild and crazy ducks!

As for the Hawai'ian look, I still like the eggplant jersey option more than the jade. I also felt keeping the font and patches the same would suffice. As expected, this is the better concept of the two, as well as the better design of the two for either team identity (Hawai'ian over zubaz).

A little more appropriate, considering being settled in the SoCal area.
Imagine for a minute if Bermuda shorts had a specific design as opposed to just the stitching and material, then we might have had a new fashion to talk about (that may not be a good thing necessarily). I'm sure something new, crazy, unique, and different will come up sooner or later. But I would like to see Hawai'ian in sport in the hope that it becomes popular (as an alternative). Not to be prejudiced (though I am not despite some that may think so), but I wonder what would happen if the University of Hawai'i might adapt to this style named after it's host state (some of my best friends either go their or are native Hawai'ians). Anyway it's just a thought and toying around with such ideas keeps me busy over part of my summer. But this is also a good way to end the Summer at BNG!

So in a few short hours away, I will be leaving the Buffalo/Western New York area en route to Springfield, MA. As intended, there will be an overnight stop to my aunt's in Syracuse before continuing to Springfield College Friday morning. My stop in Syracuse will include stops to the Sports Outfit (a small local referee and sports store) and the nearby Five Below for officiating purchases. Aside from unpacking and getting settled in, I will be attending the SC women's season opener at home against the Eastern Nazarene College Lady Lions in our annual invitational with my broadcast partner. Our radio programs will not be allowed to air for at least the first couple weeks, even though I am the incumbent club secretary. The transition weekend will run for the next four posts. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the summer posts that BNG was able to provide you. With the first of many transition posts to come, I look forward to the future of Buffalo Nickel Graphics!

Happy reading,
-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.