04 June 2014

Transcontinental Tales

The below is but a mere coincidence. When I was picking out which uniforms to be posted, it was before the Kings won and it was before I knew when game one was (which I thought was going to be yesterday). I only saw game 7 on the schedule as it pertains to the Third Jersey HoF. Let's give them a glance.


While I will never approve of the black white and silver color scheme, Phil makes it work. But If we're going to include silver, I need to see more of it. Cuffs and collar are what I had in mind and maybe even the numbers, keeping a thin white outline. I can only imagine if just the purple would do to this, let a lone if the gold was in there a bit too and the black is gone but then it would be a throwback . . .


Well, I know MLS teams have done it, but they hold the key to this design - the yoke. Okay, MLS teams tend to use the tri-stripe yoke, but the classic Rangers yoke applied wouldn't be bad (though it doesn't reflect the home jersey). This is fine as is however. The whole thing says Rangers hockey except maybe striping on the socks, but again isn't necessary.

This would make a good trophy match for a soccer game, two well dressed clubs I'd imagine. Speaking of hardware, the Arsenal Ladies team helped the club win the FA Cup double (both the men's and women's first teams winning said trophy's tournament). But now we turn to the first game of the Stanley Cup Final for which HJC is having a live chat which I (finally) plan on participating. Until then, happy hockey!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.