17 June 2014

El Diabólico Pingüino

We're winding down Phil's NHL soccer series and boy has it been a lot of fun. Baseball would go really well for the NHL. They actually have a line out and I've seen a Ducks one on Ebay and a Sabres one live today at one of my favorite card shops - Dave and Adam's! Switch the colors and logos of the Sabres one and rotate it 45 degrees right and voilá - the first of today's two concepts.


The striping choice is the most interesting of all here . . . I like it a lot. The name is a bit large, but not bothersome and the numbers are fine without the devil horns added to them. I wonder what this concept would look like with some green, but that is for now wishful thinking. Thickening the sock stripes slightly and I'm ready to send this to the production line.


This concept somewhat reminds me of Arsenal's away kit for the 125th anniversary season. except the gold does not continue on the same side the sleeve is colored. Generally, I like my stripes thicker on jerseys, but not too thick. The font appears small, but it is not objectionable whereas the number font is well not like what the team has now. In fact, I think it is what makes the jersey. I find intrigue in the use of the roundel logo.

Brazil and Mexico are about to start so sticking with the soccer theme, lets watch it! I'll be back.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.