05 June 2014

Turnpike Liberty

The title got some help from the unofficial nicknames of the 2009 World Series. You can read up on that here as I don't have enough energy to type it at the moment. You'll find it just before the game one recap. I remember first reading about the then in planning Barclays Center sometime in 2007 or '08 and wondering with minimal renderings of its finished product. In part, that was sparked by my pursuing sport management.


The championship stripes appear to be the most prominent thing here though I imagine that's not quite what Phil was looking for. The slight extra orange over the white complement each other well. It may just be me, but it appears the font is a little squished.  If there's a way to thicken it a little then give it a go.


This is a Flyers logo I'm unfamiliar with (real or fabricated). While I may need a number outline, I'm more concerned about the collar which I'd like to see color but it may not be satisfying even then if it's orange. I notice the lack of black on the socks, which if not on top put another stripe in the middle of the white one.

What really intrigues me is how the move to Barclays Center will affect the team's branding and image - at least for the concept if it does. In any event, they'd better not mess it up like their most recent third jersey. Oh well, another pair from Phil will find its way here soon.

-Ricky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Flyers logo I based on an anniversary logo they had.

Richard Mazella said...

Fair enough. I unsuccessfully browsed around.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.