12 June 2014

Primary Colors

Only teams that are using primary colors will be today's focus from Phil's series. I have been officiating a lot of soccer games and matter of fact, i will have four on Saturday alone, so not only am I in the mood for this series (great timing, Phil!) but also for the start of the World Cup today. I'm gonna start the next two because I'm getting a little antsy just talking about it.


All I can say is hmmm . . . not in a bad way, it's just the composition of the concept. Like the Bruins yesterday, I like what i see now that I've had some time to "sleep on it." The striping was what really caused that. I guess this is the same as Winnipeg (also from yesterday) but with red stripes on the sleeves (and blue cuffs) and blue socks with a striping pattern - as they're appropriate to the team. A-okay here.


I don't think I recall ever seeing a shirt that has the arch used here inspired from their current template. While I do like the number format, I don't know that it works here necessarily. Teams and leagues are geting a little more detailed with their numbers, but they look like they belong where they came from - hockey jerseys. My sponsor logo pet peeve thing applies here as well. I'm a little surprised but glad the "guitar strings" were omitted from the socks I'd like to see a different collar, preferably gold possibly with matching cuffs. Now we should be set to continue.



The World Cup has arrived and Around the Horn is "on a  479 1/2 hour break" as of 5:30 PM EDT that means I'll be in front of the tub at some bar or another to watch at least one game and the rest from home. Don't worry, I don't drink (it will hinder my ability to maintain this site). Adieu!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.