29 June 2014

Supremacy!

We're still in the soccer craze and with the US advancing to a game on Tuesday against Belgium, the forthcoming concept includes an excluded member of the the host nation's roster Fred, whose club team is in the Ukrainian First League.


Jake tells me that he want's to differentiate Šahtar Doñečk from The Premier League's Hull (City AFC). Šahtar Is generally the Ukrainian team that represents the domestic league in the (UEFA) Champions League. Let me make this clear before I dissect the concept, my spelling is the correct phonetic spelling in Latin characters while Jake's is correct in the English language, thus both are acceptable. I really like the primary kit design (which Jake claims as a happy accident - just like the one I had with Adelaide a few days ago).

It looks very appropriate for an Eastern European and Slavic-speaking team. The road design has ben adjusted to correlate with the mountainous backdrop on which the country lies, pretty clever, no? It works for me, I feel that this would be a team that would welcome such a change to their kits, hopefully that is the case. We'll also see more of Jake's work tomorrow!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.