09 June 2014

Rough Times in Edmonton?

BEfore we continue with Phil B.'s series, I'd like to point out I went to Don Cherry's Sports Grill for the first time. The location I went to was the one on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls (CAN). The food was fantastic and the decor was well executed. I'll have a few pictures on Saturday.


Phil goes very Conservative with this Oil Country concept. I am unfamiliar with Rexall's word-mark featured on the shirt front. Nice balance of color, but I'd recommend to change the number font. Other than that I really have no complaints of note. Rogers Place having just been ground-broken will possibly replace Rexall as the shirtfront sponsor even though they take precedence for the Canucks.


I'm not 100% sold on the white shorts, but it is not necessarily bad for the concept. I'm not sold on the position, shape, or width of the sock stripe.the width could be larger and located slightly below it's current placement. But shape? Well take this from the Toronto Raptors' playbook and use the striping pattern from their shorts and thicken one of those stripes. That would be followed by rotating it 90 degrees and voila - you have your sock stripe. The lightening bolt seems questionable because the sponsor logo is big enough to cut off two corners. Make it thin enough and you might be able to fit the sponsor logo inside of the bolt (just a thought).

Another successful day at the office! More tomorrow from Phil's series.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.