13 June 2014

I Wonder as I Wander (On Friday XIII)

We have about a weekday's worth of paired concepts in Phil's series, which will resume. In accordance with my custom, I am posting my entries for HJC's NHA contest (in which we could submit a set for each individual team) prior to their [first] appearance on HJC. We also had the option to use a new logo/colorscheme or use the pre-existing one (except the Canadiens and we couldn't use one from the current unrelated Ottawa franchise for it's predecessor). Let's have at 'em!


This was the first one I completed. Notice that I created a new logo - but what is it you may ask. This logo is actually inspired by Tecumseh's own wampum belt, which I was surprised it was really that simple.The clash colors are the original, but the wampum belt was white with the design in purple - the opposite of the main jersey in its current state.


Quebec got somewhat of a re-branding effort. While the main scrip and stripe swapped color positions, the clash is quite radical. I wanted a unique color combo and used Paint.Net's color inversion tool. Originally the chest stripe was almost a copycat of the main sweater, but then I remembered part o f a logo used by Australian Football's then Footscray Football Club.


While this one was finished last due to logo decision chaotics and perplexions, it was third in creation. Ultimately I created this logo too. While the main shirt seems like a typical concept for the Senators, the clash is far from it. I decided that even more simple was the way to go. The double diagonal stripe has been use by many teams (mostly throughout European soccer).


Here was another logo debate, I stayed in favor and this became the result. Looks a tad like Celtic but still very distinct. This was probably my favorite one just because, it was the only concept that a team has a completely different color from the rest.


Purple again? This was actually courtesy of more help Tecumseh, who loaned  it to the Wanderers. In creating this logo, I wanted to accomplish two things: scatter the letters (sort of) and ditch the ugly shield. While the letters are arranged atypically for alignment, they are legible across and down. 



My final submission was for the Cobalt Silver Kings. I wanted to rake in the silver but there wasn't a way for me to cleverly include it for this team.I was thinking, they copied the Canadiens, but I tried my best to differentiate the two.

Now that that is taken care of, we can be at peace. I'm hoping that I am the only one, that has three or more concepts and one of the only two who have two. Fingers crossed, I just doubled the submission pool (that's before any other concepts that are sent in if any).

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.