21 June 2014

Go Tiger-Hawks!

I don't have a concept, but I do have a layout to substitute. Upon my visit to Fourteen Holy Helpers (14HH; 14), I discovered that I actually did know staff and faculty that were still there despite not being on the website listing. All of them were the teachers in the younger grades - that was all that was left from my days some fourteen years ago now (coincidence?). My first grade teacher (now secretary) was my tour guide as per policy that any guest needed accompaniment. This was the layout of the floor plan.



While there were changes since my departure, they were necessary (in adulthood acknowledgement) paint jobs and technology upgrades but nothing drastic. Our Lady of the Sacred Heard (OLSH)  followed later that day. Much more was recognizable as it has been nearly half the time I left OLSH eight years ago. I took not of both gymnasiums - both having been photographed but 14HH was set up for exams and OLSH for  last nights 22nd annual sports banquet. The most peculiar thing is that the OLSH gym is connected to their school but not at 14. Some of my 14 memories came back once I had gotten to high school where former classmates there went to school with me again but all grown up. I will be attending the respective alumni events within the next few days.


Fourteen Holy Helpers                          Our Lady of the Sacred Heart
Tigers                                                                                     Hawks

Stage End

Center Court

Scoreboard End

At least one of my elementary schools is still around and in good hands. Given the continuing popularity of charter schools in Western New York, it won't be going anywhere anytime soon. And I still have a high school and college to look forward to. All is not lost, at least I can say I can remember some things from my then simple life.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.