10 June 2014

The Flying Orca

If you had told me at any point between the Rangers winning game five of the Eastern Conference Final to before last night, I wouldn't have believed you if you thought the Kings would win the first three games of the Stanley Cup Final. A yet here we are. The only two reasons that I'm with New York are for Lundqvist and I don't like the Kings (New York was the second least hate-able team in the Conference Semifinals (after Minnesota, who like my Ducks, lost in that round). Well, now I'm pulling for a miracle (In a New York minute). Phil's series continues today, here are the next two.


I don't think Phil could do much with this. While Detroit has always been "simple" with exception to logo detail, it is hard to come up with unique Red Wings concepts. But I've only seen one other person put hockey teams to soccer kits.My only criticism would be to add a white strip to the top of the shorts and socks. While they could be added to the bottom of the socks, who cares what's down there - they aren't made by Gold Toe or anything. Nobody, even myself and Phil, I assume would ever do that.


This one is entertaining to toy around with. I think that it revolves around the Millionaires inspired logo (which could used a slightly thicker outline - as well as the orca).  Mostly because of the collar, I'd recommend thickening the cuffs and v-cut. As for the socks, anything but blue, probably green might do the trick. That is to say, if the pants color doesn't change - but the socks at the moment seem more logical.

Another pair tomorrow from Phil and more preferences from me to accompany. Except for maybe Detroit since they are so hard to work with, each concept has had a lot of good and some bad creating a rather balanced uniform (more than expected). But that has always been my biggest criticism of the Red Wings is that change needs to happen sometime - nothing dramatic. Adding an accent color wouldn't be bad or maybe finding a way to pump out an alternate logo or both. Ironic you have Vancouver opposite them here given their identity crisis. Both expansion teams from 1970 (Buffalo) seem to be cursed in regards to their indecisiveness on fashion sense. Oh well, always room for improvement I suppose.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.