30 June 2012

The Last of the June Bugs

I came up with these sometime last year in an attempt to do my first series with hockey jerseys.That neve really came to fruition. You can tell by the lack of font on this jersey set. but it was the best executed and most appealing of the teams of the Major Series Lacrosse (specifically the Ontario Lacrosse Association). Brampton, Six Nations, and Peterborough all were in the mix but they weren't to be first. A good amount of famous lacrosse players have played in this particular league. John Tavares (of the Buffalo Bandits and uncle of the hockey player) had won the 1992 and 1993 Mann Cup with Jim Veltman  for the Brampton Excelsiors and the two also got one in Victoria with the Shamrocks (Western Lacrosse Association, OLA counterpart) in separate years - 2002 and 2003 respectively.




When you talk OLA OR MSL, you typically don't have the Kodiak Bears come to mind. But this kinda gives you a feel for the LA Kings. The Kings give me a bad taste in my mouth as a Ducks fan. But I'm okay with them getting the ring this year because {one} we got our first ring before they did and in shorter time and {two} I hate the Devils more - especially since the dreaded '03 Cup Finals (at least Giguere got the Conn Smythe). But still this could work for the newly "crowned" NHL champs. But for either, this has some minor issues now that I notice. What was I thinking when I added a different color for the hem stripe and why did I color in the Spaces in the Reebok logo under the back of the collar? Oh well, it's still generally positive overall.

I'll leave you with that. Since I haven't had much time to myself this week, I won't have tomorrow pre-written and I won't be home until later in the day. We are going to my family's lakefront property in Chautauqua where I am going to pain my room and boy am I excited! The walls will be LAA Dark Red (according to Home Depot) we haven't bought the LAA Navy for the floor yet, the closet will be either silver or white (the closet has no doors), and the ceiling is wooden and won't be painted. I wan to free-hand stencil the Angels logo on the wall where the bed will go. You'll be seeing before, during, and after photos the next couple weekends and some may be labeled. I may also be naming our kayaks down there and stencil paint those. I best be off now.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.