23 June 2012

A Giant Disappointment

Four years ago, when the New England Patriots and New York Giants met in the Super Bowl (2008), I correctly predicted the Giants to win. I also correctly predicted that gasoline (at least in Western New York) would reach four dollars per gallon during Memorial Day weekend. This past Super Bowl, I made the same prediction - and was correct. Then I made the same gasoline prediction on the same weekend except expanded to the WNY and greater Springfield, Massachusetts are. Again, I was right. The first of the two Super Bowls may have been called by some a fluke. This time, with a better Giants team and an aging but still favorite Patriots team (again) still couldn't get the job done.

As a Bills fan, it is always tough to watch any match-up between these two. But due to certain other teams that chould have made it to the big game (San Fransisco {a costly turnover} and more-so Baltimore {poor coaching staff play-calling}), I decided to boycott watching this particular year. Though a "Harbaugh Bowl" as it would have been dubbed would be highly anticipated after their regular season meeting, the two conference finalists got the wrong end of the scoreline and simply ran out of time. The Super Bowl in 2008 I probably wouldn't have watched had it : one - not been at that beautiful stadium in Arizona, and two - I had a Sports and Entertainment Marketing and Management class homework assignment to write down all of the ads and commercials and their specifics. Did I mention that was my sophomore year of high school?

Not only should the Patriots have won both, specifically the former of the two, I should not have had to differ hearing the bickering between fans on campus at my school - yeah, there are a good handful of Giants fans. On the bright side, I got to hear the silence of the Pats fans afterwards (with the exception of my broadcast partner, a true die-hard New England sports fan if I ever knew one).

More blue.

Slightly more blue

Slight addition of red.



I know that the NFL logo should be on each of these, but I don't know where it would go because the Nike uniforms didn't define that detail. I like the current reds and whites, but the blues need a little more color. So I decided to match the siding with the helmet and gave the sleeve cuffs some color. So there is another American football concept gone to the wayside. Furthermore, my idea list is very small compered to what it has been in the past. That means I have to go. So I'm going to make like a cat and scat.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.