24 June 2012

Gambling for a new Franchise: The Seguarro and the Viper

I apologize to the five of you that read yesterday's post between it's first appearance and 9:45. The text was surrounded by a near white background that made it difficult to read. Didn't notice until five minutes before I had to leave for a relative's graduation party. I started to retype it from scratch with a copy of the original in Microsoft Word at five minutes to three. But I didn't finish until 9:45 last night.

Today, I have to go back to the vault for this post. This was a contest to add any NHL team in any non-NHL franchise metro area. Las Vegas was the winner. Round two was to design a logo. I had just gotten to Macedonia for the wedding we came for, in fact, It will be a year ago tomorrow that we came home. I had only Microsoft Paint to create the logo during this particular phase and it wasn't even on my own laptop. Heck I don't even remember if I brought it with me - I at least had the bag for it though.

The original Las Vegas concept.

The Vipers were the winning nickname,
the winning logo (and colors) may be seen in the top left corner

As you can see my idea lost. Both of these are definitely not my best work, at least in regard to the sleeve, which I had trouble on for both as I hadn't been comfortable with knowing how to create real stripes on a jersey. Round two and three were just the nickname and logo phase, and I submitted jerseys after round two anyway in case it didn't make it, which is what wound up happening. Round three was the most dull for me with the limited resources I had. The logo was awful and I still really love the cactus - actually, so did Ryan at HJC. That is among my best work in his perspective. Well, for yet another day I have to leave the past behind us. Until next time!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.