24 July 2012

Way Back Playback

I'd like to make this a regular feature - at least once a month. Today, it's the current NLL Champion Rochester Knighthawks. Remember their old third jersey that a lot of people like? The same one I posted on the first real post of this blog - 5 May 2012? I decided that this can be done if it is brought back, but with minor alterations to accommodate the new Reebok edge style NLL jerseys.

Always a favorite somewhere.

I think this pays great tribute to the past of the Knighthawks. If it comes in play, it had better be for the Khawks 20th season in 2015. Some alterations could be made to this one, but it's a good start and there are three off-seasons to do so. I am glade that the logo with the "care bear" stars were removed from the jersey set from '08 through 2010 - the worst they've ever had (in my opinion). But in three seasons time, expect people like John Grant Jr., Paul Day, Jeremy Hollenbeck, Tim Soudan, Paul Gait, Casey Powell, and others to come back and reflect on the past twenty years of Rochester Knighthawk lacrosse.

I am also going to determine what I like (or don't like) about uniforms of  the sports world, league by league at some point. Some leagues - like in any country with soccer - is difficult since there are many different levels and changing jerseys every one to three years. This in changing sponsors, kit manufacturers, etc . . . is very boring. It would be nice if these jerseys stayed a little longer since they get tossed before anyone can see them in action. I might even consider putting in a Tacky Tuesday, which would include atypical color schemes or jersey faux-pas or ideas that have zero relation to sports. For example, The Simpsons television sitcom would have a relation because of the city's baseball team in one episode whereas you don't see sports typically in the "Dilbert" comic strip which almost always takes place in an office building.

With the above epiphanies, (more way back playbacks and team critiques) will mean that I will have to follow up in later posts as to my complete jersey re-branding. In serious cases, a logo and or color scheme change would also be in order. most of those would be drawn by me free-handed then scanned and (possibly) enhanced. Way back playbacks may also be sorted into days - depending on frequency (monthly, weekly, or daily) like Throwback Thursday for instance. There are ideas in my head, but it's whether to implement them or not and if so, when.

I'm calling it a post, considering the heavy amount of information above. I probably should have used the forthcoming sign-off for the Ikea post as the term can bee seen exiting the Hamilton, ON location. So until the next  post, hejdå, vi ses!


-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.