09 May 2012

Should Winnipeg Have Made the Playoffs?

Here is a concept that really grabs my attention from my portfolio.  The MontrĂ©al Canadiens of the NHL have never donned a blue sweater and a similar stripe version to my white one has only been used during three seasons (03/04, 05/06, & 08/09). That is why the red serves as an alternate, since I am kind of tired of it although I adore the set's simplicity.


The following was my very first concept and first contribution to Ryan Haslett's Hockey Jersey Concepts. They are currently running a Video Game jersey contest, so I will post mine on here once it has been submitted to HJC. But the below concept was prior to the naming of the Winnipeg Jets after the team had moved to Winnipeg. I wasn't sure if they would do what the Flames did and keep the nickname when they moved to Calgary before the 1980-81 season. I didn't think that the "Jets" nickname would be retained because it is associated with the (now) Phoenix Coyotes. This is what I came up with. Looks pretty cheesy doesn't it?


Then a group of fans protested the move to the W-P-G at Bridgestone Arena during a Jets road match in Nashville this past season.



I think I've given you enough to think about, until next time!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.