28 May 2012

An Idea from Ikea

   Hello all! My "Toronchester" excursion led to this post today, after an exciting stop at U/Toronto's Varsity Centre (and the ROM - Royal Ontario Museum), I headed off to Toronto F.C 's home - BMO Field. In person, I had only ever seen it from the Gardiner Expressway (and of course on TV) until today. I always thought it was a small capacity, well maintained stadium - which it is. However, the stadium gift shop is inside of Gate 5, the ticket/info offices were all closed, and you could hardly see the interior. In fact, you could probably see more the way I usually do when I'm in town: passing it on the Gardiner. Oh well, eh?

   Anyway, it was nevertheless a great way to relax following a graduation at Keuka College in Rochester then a wedding in Toronto. As a result of all the driving, my folks and I stayed the night leading up to this wonderful "vacation day." We left Toronto for Buffalo right after the visit to BMO Field, but that included a stop at Ikea on the way  in Burlington as opposed to the location in nearby North York. There I saw their uniform polos which look similar to the jersey below, except the colored stripes were much thinner, still larger than the white stripes between each. Therefore, there were more of the whole set of stripes around this yellow polo shirt. Not to mention the shirts were single colored last time I went to any Ikea.

The "Ikea" jersey.
It had been awhile since my last visit across the border as we used to cross more often. These instances were most notable for family functions or shopping when the exchange rate was very inexpensive (anywhere up to 2004. It should be more because I'm into curling as much as I am. However it has been difficult to go seeing as I'm a college student now who isn't home and the curling clubs close for the summer. Well it's time to go for today, auf wiedersehen!


-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.