14 May 2012

Getting ready for the NLL Championship

Okay, this was the big project I have been working on over the last few days . . .

It is all about the National Lacrosse League this week with today being focused on the Buffalo Bandits.  This would be the second in the series, and I hadn't gotten to post the first of the series for yesterday (Washington). Both will be featured today! The home jerseys will always be top left, the roads top right, and the alternates bottom center.

The Stealth were the only team to not make the playoffs, that's why they are the first in the series. The timing of the ideas forth is concept was ideal, though I noticed that this morning. I decided to bring the "snake-eyes" ninja back to the Stealth's original look in San Jose after their tenure as the Albany Attack. This re-brand (logo-wise at least) would be nice to see.

"Snake-eyes" logo added to current script logo.

I tried to do better with the numbers, but I couldn't find anything that I liked in my font library. Otherwise, this might be a solid concept.

Edmonton should have been next, but their re-brand will be saved for the Finals on Saturday with Rochester. The Bandits concept was very difficult, in part because I'm a fan and because their uniforms (past and present) have always marketed well - so I was very skeptical about this one.The only thing that would be of huge note is that I tried to incorporate more of the indigo from the color scheme in somehow. I seemed to manage alright considering.

My somewhat retro-looking Bandits, considering the original jerseys.

If anyone was curious, I felt the need to let you in on my process of designing the typical jersey concept. I also promised that I would do a video of the first of them. Buffalo happened to be the first of the cities alphabetically.


That will do it for today. Tomorrow will feature my concept for the Philadelphia Wings.  The rest of the week will look like this: Wed.: Colorado, Thurs.: Calgary, Fri.: Divisonal Finalists - Minnesota and Toronto, Sat.: Championship teams - Edmonton and Rochester.

The champion in the post Saturday will be posted last, therefore indicating the post may not be done until after 9:30 PM EDT (-5:00 GMT) after I have completed watching the game. It may be later than that as I am trying to see if I can go, since the match is in Rochester and tickets are only $21.50 USD.

For the record, I wanted to see what I got over the course of seven days in the audience tab, and quite frankly I'm very impressed. Keep coming back and thanks for your  support!

Last weeks numbers.



In the mean time, I will be dreaming and working up some new ideas! Until tomorrow!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.