21 May 2012

All About the Arsenal

The Arsenal Football Club (C'mon you Gunners!) of the Barclay's Premier League soccer recently unveiled their new home kits for the 2012-13 season! You can give the site a gander here.

(L to R) Theo Walcott, Lukas Podolski, Mikel Arteta
These  are inspired by Herbert Chapman, who from 1925 until his death in 1934, managed the club and in now enshrined alongside Thierry Henry and Tony Adams outside Emirates Stadium. Arsenal are my favorite English side in soccer, and as I was looking for a site I hadn't been in a while on Google image search I came across this:

I'd love to give credit to the original artist, but the article it was linked to removed the image.

It gave me the idea for the next few posts as I present you concepts based on these drawings. The Arsenal logo in Column 1, Row 3 will be featured today.

Stealing Liverpool's identity!
The runner set should remind you of the days when O2 was the sponsor (2005-06 version). As far as the keeper set, there has always been a kit in some shade of green, though never this bright. That'll do for now - see ya!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.