16 May 2012

Mammoth Refreeze

The Colorado Mammoth have seen better, but a dismal second half of the season didn't help. It seemed like the Mammoth would come out of their deep freeze from the bottom of the abyss - the worst two seasons of the franchise's history prior to a home win against the Riggers on the final day of the regular season, the mammoth hadn't won in 9 home matches. That's more than one season's worth in home games.

Calgary one upped them again this year, despite the 7-0 start to the year and boasting a 7-1 record into the All-Star Game in Buffalo and a trip to Buffalo the following week, after a win at the First Niagara Center began their troubles. To make matters worse, they lost to Minny at the Hive in Minneapolis on the final week of the season, although  John Grant Jr. broke the single-season scoring record - much to my dismay. The decade old record set by John Tavares in 2001 at 115 was done in fourteen games, as was this since Grant missed the first two games to injury.

Not only did this loss put them a game behind the Necks, but they had to play the Swarm again. Two things were on the bright side at this point: 1) The Swarm have never won a playoff game {having been dismissed by Buffalo when they were still in the East} and 2) The game was going to be at the Pepsi Center. Beating a team for a fifth straight time this year would have been amazing. But Edmonton had shocked Calagry from the Scotiabank Saddledome so this set up the winner of this match to clinch a home game. This helps Colorado, because their fan base along with Buffalo are tops in the league (in no order) and would potentially get two more home games if Toronto loses the following week to Rochester.

To think that Colorado could still revive their glory days of the mid-2000s, and they choke. Based on the above, we should get to their new sets (if only)! The concept adds Avalanche blue due to the enormous amount of black in some of the leagues other current color schemes. Don't forget to tell me what you think!

Avalanche Blue is added to the color scheme.

I feel that the blue adds more character to things. The mountains at the bottom have been revised a tad and added to the shoulders of the thirds as well. This is one of my favorites in my NLL collection  and was the first one I did. As a matter of fact, it was what inspired me to create the collection. Tomorrow, don't forget, will feature another Western division team in the Calgary Roughnecks. Until then, star sending in concepts. To find templates visit the first post with the NLL 2012 RBK template and/or visit either HockeyJerseyConcepts: TEMPLATES for hockey templates (and/or) Paint User's Paradise 2.0 @ CCSLC for whatever you wish to. If you have made your own template, send it in to me at Buffalo Nickel Graphics. At some point, when I figure out how to add tabs, I will post the templates there . . . I think that's everything so I will be back for tomorrow's post - toodles!

2 comments:

Justin said...

Hey Ricky, I really like the blog (HJC brought me here). I love the variety of things you have. Also cool to see some things of mine featured (Capitals, HJC logos, and maybe even the mountains here). Haha I'm glad to see them spread around though! Anyways, I live in Colorado and love these Mammoth jerseys! That's actually where I got the inspiration for the Avs jerseys I used the mountain pattern on.

Anyways I like the blog! I'll be sure to stop by every now and then.

Richard Mazella said...

I had a feeling it might . . . glad to have you aboard! I appreciate the very kind words. That was the goal: to be open to as many of the sports as possible, and to share it with the world. If you come up with any ideas, I'll be looking forward to seeing them and being able to post them. I have checked your blog out as well and I see a lot of things that I like! By the way, you did fantastic work with the Fredericton re-branding. Ryan didn't send mine because, it wasn't "completely" brand new (original). Nonetheless, keep up the good work!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.