30 May 2014

Motor City Mayhem

Does this idea look familiar, Nickelonians? It should if you've been with us for a while. You may remmber a pair of revivals to that old Rochester Knighthawks alternate. Speaking of whom, they lost a Saturday ago and I hope they don't rebound tomorrow to win the series (and championship for the third straight year).  Anyway, I decided to apply a similar scheme for the Red Wings.


Detroit has never had a third jersey not used for a special event. Nor have they ever used black. I wanted the accenture to be for this jersey only and if they had an alternate, it would be too similar to the home jersey. I had originally considered arched font over numbers but quickly scratched that idea. I also wanted to add striping, again to distinguish it as an alternate. That covers this jersey well enough. A very interesting week is ahead as next Saturday will mark the first time in a year that I may actually have an exclusive BNG post on Saturday. Stay tuned for more.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.