25 May 2014

You Could Die Quacking

Buenos dias, Nickelonians! (I'm hoping that will catch on soon, but probably not) Glad to write you again this fine Sunday. In fact, my aunt was proposed to sometime after Friday's publishing (and you know I prefer not to make edits on BNG at least). So there is cause for some happiness in the family at the moment . Elsewhere in my life, I was feeling a Ducks concept to be made. Remember Jake88's concept for the Ducks a month or so back from one of my HCI posts? That's what got me thinking. And quite honestly, I think I might like it better than my Hawai'ian Ducks jersey. If I could turn these all into customized jerseys would be really neat, but I'm guessing really expensive too. Have a look at this set for now.


I took care of the biggest problem of all - or at least complaint: orange. I present to you an orange home jersey. I also brought back a revised version of a short-lived alternate. For that, I would have liked to keep the numbers inside the sleeve striping but it didn't work out the way I would've liked it to. For models, I took three of my favorite (current) Ducks who all happen to be defensemen - Selanne doesn't count because he is now officially retired as of last week. I really wanted to use the "OC" patch as the crest for an alternate, but it simply isn't strong enough to be more than a patch. I also included the appropriate equipment that would go along with it.

In addition to my aunt's engagement, the party that my mom was apparently throwing at that lakefront property for later today (the one which I painted that Angels stencil down the road from Lucille Ball's house) has two pre-existing celebrations. The first is the same aunt's dog's first birthday (I'll pass - but have to go anyway {thanks mom, whose birthday was Friday}) and the one year anniversary for the divorce of another relative (I'll pass - but have to go anyway). The latter in itself was because everyone in the family hated the husband who clearly won't be joining us. Talk about drama in the family. Maybe I'll paint more in that room - Arsenal perhaps just since I root for them and they have the same color scheme as the Angels. Something to look forward to I suppose - just as you have the next post to look forward to. Until then it's bye for now.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.