10 August 2013

HJC: Post XII

*** The following is my post from a different site, please visit www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com for the article. ***

Friday: Back in the Saddle(dome) Again

Hello, hello form Sabreville where Rick Jeanneret has announced his retirement form broadcasting - sort of. That's the big news here, RJ announced on Wednesday that he will retire from broadcasting following the end of his brand new three year contract through 2016, which would be the 45th ad final season as the Sabres play-by-play voice. Former Maple Leafs voice Dan Dunleavy, who filled in some games for Jeanneret during the 2010/11 season will split games with RJ and take over full time starting 2016/17.

But I waited for this post instead  of a measly comment to officially congratulate Ryan and HJC for 1,000 posts and giving us all the opportunity to display our talents and critique our peers in a productive fashion. Here's to the next 1,000 (officially 995) posts! I decided to celebrate the post by buying EA's NHL 97 for the original PlayStation - wish you all could've joined me for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here are your all important reminders all of them are for the same day.

Warrior Cup Entry phase ends: Friday, August 9, 2013 (tonight) @ 11:59pm Eastern time
COTY-July vote (ends tonight @ 11:59p m Eastern)
COTW July29-Aug 4 vote (ends tonight @ 11:59pm EST)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ottawa Senators (NB94)


I already miss the former number one enforcer for the Ducks. At least he would look good if he wore these. The only change I would make is to change the bottom of the sleeves to black for matching sake. Spearing a 9 out of 10.

2015 Winter Classic (Andy C.)


Love 'em both, but I also wonder if the Avs would consider Nordiques uniforms . . . probably not. For me, I feel word-mark is always good for a winter classic - that's what I keep saying the Penguins should do. These also seem more like realistic cuts , and with luck we might see them. A 9.5 out of 10.

Prince Albert Raiders (Bastian)


Here I see two things Senators font and (for some strange reason) the London Knights. But I'm cool with it. the inward curved shoulder striping works even though I generally prefer all striping to match, it also ties in very nicely with the logo. I'm not to keen on the yoke blending in with the body of the jerseys. A black yoke on the white and white yoke on the green might suffice nicely. Pillaging an 8.5 out of 10.

Phoenix Coyotes (Frank)


This one just plain out takes the cake. Quite frankly, it's all in the striping. The only thing that I might change is to switch the colors of the double outline for digital purposes. But I'm sure it would look much better on the ice than on the computer, so I'm not going to make that much of a concern. Anyone notice the ol' Avalanche captain's "C"? An 8.5 out of 10.

Minnesota Wild (Steven G.)


Steven continues his De-Edging of the NHL. This one is "De -Edged" so much that this one looks like they actually wore these uniforms. It's really dumbfounding for me to think that they weren't what the wild originally wore. I really want to see a retro alternate for them even though they aren't yet 15 seasons old. A 9 out of 10.

Calgary Blazers (Dylan W.)


 This is a pair set for a concept league abbreviated WIHL  (World International, perhaps). Before I continue, I wonder if there is eligibility for someone such as myself to be a part of and submit something for this league. But many of us, myself included, appreciate any attempt at original logos (at least what appears to be one. It's alright, I don't dislike or hate it. As far as the jerseys, I might make curved indents to the striping to add some distinction to it and maybe a little more curvature to the numbers. The numbers might need different outlining, but I personally don't have suggestions for right now. I would like to see a red jersey, but a black home sweater isn't a bad idea. Lighting an 8 out of 10.

Welsh National Team (Adam)


The crest makes a lot of sense as does the striping, which I'm split on how good the mismatch looks. The number size doesn't wow me either. Mixed signals from crossed lines indicate a 7.5 out of 10.

Lethbridge Hurricanes (Bastian)


This style of striping seems to be getting popular with all the concept that I want to start using it. But it's probably just me thinking it's gotten fad-like. I like how the name interrupts the striping on the back. Problem is the white one looks better than the blue for some reason. An 8 out of 10.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And cut! Another HJC Friday is in the books. I'll be going to see the Ducks neighbors play in Cleveland tomorrow since there are no hockey games to go to. Let's go Halos and have a fabulous weekend!

-Ricky


P.S. - Expect pictures from today's trip to see my LA Angels at Cleveland with some college buddies will be up here by Monday.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.