14 August 2013

No Pro Teams Could Pull This Off in Hockey, Could They?

Another day, another BNG post. As Chuck Woolery now says, it's "three for free" time. Three artists, three concepts - it's just that simple.


Caden gives us this concept which features a sponsor logo as a crest in one jersey, reminiscent of European style soccer jerseys. This one doesn't grab me, but there sure as heck are a lot of pluses. Since this isn't the NHL or AHL, I don't mind having a sponsor featured on a jersey.I can't like the alternate with just the face as a logo, but that's why it is just an alternate. I'd be able to give a better critique, but the picture comes out grainy on my computer.


Jake88 as you may recall has had some magnificent series done on the European hockey leagues. This one actually reminds of a red version of a Pittsburgh alternate but with a little too much white. If anything black numbers and black dividing stripes might do the trick for me. A black yoke with white outline might be a nice touch but isn't absolutely necessary.


William provides an interesting look for the Bronx Bombers. He keeps the road resemblant uniform as an alternate. But as many hockey uniforms feature a logo, this set is no exception to that. I don't know how I feel about the placement of the stars as I feel that they could go elsewhere on the jersey. While it takes some elements, it has its own flair than that of the New York hockey Rangers as opposed to the baseball team in Arlington with the same nickname.

You can put a cork on this one, capping off another post at BNG. As I continue to try improving different parts of the site, I am wondering if I can convert anyone into a broader realm of sport graphic design, not that there is anything wrong with hockey. I love hockey, but I figure that there are people out there that want to see other sport uniform templates. That was the basis of which I created BNG last May. Give it a thought -  if you try, you might even like it.

-Ricky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The NAPA Jersey is for WARMUP ONLY.

Richard Mazella said...

Sorry, forgot to add that detail . . .

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.