15 August 2013

Barnstroming Dragons

The original Iowa Barnstormers relocated for the 2001 season to become the New York Dragons. Before the original AFL folded, the Dragons were to completely re-brand for the 2009 season, which never happened. I created a hockey jersey to be submitted to other blogs. I used my own template from HJC's mix-and-match one of seven soon to be featured here. This was going to be my second round HJC submission.


In addition to the template above, I used one of the other six to create my HJC Open entry for the first round, which didn't advance in a competitive pairing for me. You can see the similarity to the fantasy football/zubaz uniforms that were BNG Ricky concept of the year. I based it off our former Buffalonian team the Destroyers. Ahh I can just hear Jim Brinson's voice calling a Buffalo touchdown.


Tony Kimbrough was the team's first quarterback under coach Dave Winham and then became Ray Bentley's offensive coordinator. Browning Nagle, who retired after one season in Buffalo, would be his replacement as quarterback in 2000. After Benltey's departure later in franchise history, the former Buffalo Bills player wen't on to broad cast games for the league.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.