11 August 2013

Ode to William Butala

William was kind enough to bring along some concepts so I won't bombard you with everything in one sitting so you can better appreciate it. But I will put a couple up for his official welcoming party, just as we did for Jake88 the other day. Both are regular contributors to HJC and have recently started their blogs, please check out the blog in the "New" section of the "Friends of" tab.

I'm starting with two that I haven't seen on HJC as of this past Friday when I posted, they also happen to be the two most recent that are on the blog as of the same aforementioned date and time.


Love or hate the alternate, they would probably dubbed as prison jerseys, but quite frankly I like them better than the home and road. The home and road are at least looking like they would be historically acurate to the team's origin. But considering I suggested a contrast to the alternate, the white and black would be switched to provide a new home and road kit.


Now this one is really . . . well, I don't know. Even though the script is historically accurate, I don't like it for this  particular jersey design. The jersey itself is absolutely beautiful. I tried to do a Nashville jersey using vintage white for a Winter Classic concept against the Jets as you may or may not recall.I'm stuck on the 18 stars in the logo, and it's been fun trying to guess and not ask, but I came to the conclusion it's the bookend numbers of the inaugural year 1998 (18)  - but I know that's wrong.

-Ricky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be honest, theres no real significance to the number of stars in the logo. It was just trying to make the stars stand out, while not taking too much away from the uniform. Wish I had a cooler explanation.

Richard Mazella said...

Fair enough

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.