07 September 2012

North Melbourne @ West Coast

Whilst I have already showcased the Roos concept, I am going to criticize the Eagles concept. I do not like their regular jumpers. It only uses the head instead of the full logo (as I display below) and only wings are used instead of hoops or stripes (et al). I understand that because they are the "Eagles" they use wings, but it doesn't work for their branding efforts. I add hoops to this and do similar to what Adelaide's stripes are because I wanted to incorporate more orange into the idea for obvious reasons.


I am not trying to steal another team's identity by applying a tricolor stripe scheme, however three tricolor vertical stripes don't cut it for me and as I mentioned the head only doesn't help. As a matter of fact if the whole logo (body) isn't included then the head looks hideous by itself whereas it would only be a minor detail if the whole body were featured.

Anyway, the first Qualifying Final was at 5 AM EDT this morning. Hawthorn defeated the magpies 20.15.135 to 15.7.97 as Collingwood will play the winner of the West Coast/North Melbourne match. For now, the Hawks get to sit back and relax as the earn the next week off. The first Elimination Final will start at  5:45 EDT tomorrow morning after the completion of the second Qualifying Final at 2:45 AM EDT. Happy footy!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.