15 June 2016

KeyBank Center It Is (We Think)

While the Key Bank takeover of First Niagara may still fall through possibly, there has been anticipation that the name change will still go forward this October. We also figured that assuming it does, a new look will come in some form at center ice. This will probably just be the removal of First Niagara Center in favor of KeyBank Center. Our Friends at Frozen Faceoff have just changed it to adapt with the current center ice design. I went quite a bit beyond that.



As you see, I changed the look completely from just the logo - while the logo does look good, it is bland at center ice. I decided that that needed an update to what you see above. However, If the pattern on the centerline of all diamonds stay, I wouldn't be opposed to that specifically. As you may have also noticed, the venue name is printed four times. Only the Scottrade Center in St. Louis and Florida's BB&T Center do that currently. I could have done four more with the logo before the script, but I didn't like how that looks and it differentiates the bank from the venue to some degree. Well, I thought this might be something slightly different the past few days. It's certainly something I'd like to have done a bit more often. But that can be said of many of the projects here. Have fun with these. I might even adapt these into a rink with dasher board concept. Until then, only time will tell.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.