18 June 2016

Shooter the Golden Hoosier in Hawai'i

Well, not exactly. The Pacers are well into their middle ages, and once again the organization has done the subtle but efficient effect with their special logo department. I must say, though it is trademark to Pacer alternate logos, it would look better without the roundel. But in no means am I filing complaints. I think that if one ring of the roundel is removed, it would be most perfect (preferably the outer gray).


In other news, it took two days plus today to relay news that "Number 19"  is going to be done at 19. Josh Sansderson most recently of the Toronto Rock Announced his retirement on Wednesday after not quite two full decades. I remember the first time I saw Shooter play on TV - the 2002 Championship game against Toronto as a member of the (then) Albany Attack (currently Vancouver Stealth). It's funny how when I was working on the below concept, I randomly chose his number to test on the concept without thinking of him to shortly discover of his retirement. as I had with Tavares during his retirement ceremony, I omitted the captain's letter from this concept. When it was done on Tavares', I was still used to seeing him with the "A" on his chest. I'll save that story for another day. Lots of retirements in Toronto the past half decade, including Whipper (Bob Watson), Chugger (Bandits GM Steve Dietrich), Scoop (Jim Veltman) and now Shooter as well as Blaine Manning before him among others. The lead-up to the not so great season for the Rock could very well be this core group of veterans slowly but surely having gradually diminished roster ability.


When we use the term "re-invent the wheel," I took that in this case to mean update the Hawai'ian jerseys Toronto wore in 2008. As I kept the traditional elements from the original, I used the current leaf template to provide a 75 to 25 red to blue ratio. This was because I felt more blue should be incorporated, while keeping to the original red version of this uniform. This would be one of those looks better in person than conceptualized uniforms. If you look at the original, and put it side-to-side with this, you will see what I mean though not exactly the same. Well, I tried - that in itself was hard work.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.