28 May 2015

M-E-T-S Mets, Mets, Mets!

As you all might know I am a New York Mets fan.  Established in 1962 after the departure of both the New York Giants to San Francisco as well as the Brooklyn Dodgers whom moved to Los Angeles back in the 1950’s.  One thing that the Met’s have done with their color scheme they adopted both the Giant orange and the Dodger blue.  Plus they took the New York Giants “NY” cap logo and the blue hat that the Dodgers used and combined the both with the button on the top of the hat being orange just like on the Giants hat.  In a way symbolizing the recantation of both franchises, and the return of national league baseball to New York.  During the course of the Mets existence they really haven’t gone through any major changes as have other franchises in sports.

 I’m very thankful that the Mets decided to wear the blue hat as their main hat with two other hats for their alternate unis.  One look that I hated and this was during the Piazza years is that at home in which they decided to go away from the classic pinstripe look with the white jersey and the blue pinstripe and went to just a plain white jersey which they recently returned to for their 50th anniversary a couple of years ago.  I hated when they wore at home the two toned hat with the brim being dark blue and the hat itself being almost black with the dark blue button.  To me when they began wearing the solid blue hats that they started out with it just looked so much better and in my eyes brightened up the whole uniform.  One other jersey I didn’t happen to enjoy was when the Mets had the black jerseys with the black hat.

 To me upon the inception of the franchise in 1962 black was never a part of their color scheme and it was almost like they just decided to just throw the black in for whatever reason.  All and all though I don’t have many negative things to say on the uniforms because I honestly love them.  They have been a very classic look from there white pinstripe jerseys with the wordmark “Mets” logo across the chest of the jersey the blue hat with an orange button.  There grey away jerseys that say “New York” it’s just awesome.  Out of all my favorite teams that I follow these jerseys are honestly my favorite.  Mainly because of its consistency over the years and never truly changed.          

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.