01 July 2014

The Nitty-Gritty of the Quack City

Welcome to BNG boys and girls, Ricky here once again to get your fill for the day. To our neighborly Canadian readers, Happy Canada Day! (The New) HCI is hosting the "July Concept Challenge" by posting concept entries by different artists of each NHL team , one team per day. Some jerseys that I will submit will be new and others will be ones that have been already displayed here at least. Since the Ducks are first and promoted their alternate to primary, with minor changes, i though that wouldn't be a bad place to start So I could fix the minor things.


With this concept, I intended to simplify the jersey striping from what it currently is and replace the void that the Alternate turned home jersey created. I like the striping on the current jerseys but I was curious what they could possibly look like with less stripes. It makes no sense to use (what I call) faux laces on the new jersey combo, so they've been replaced with real laces. I also combined the need for an orange jersey (say most fans) and my use of the alternate roundel and OC logos. I felt the need to further emphasize that Ryan Kesler is now with the Ducks for those who still can't grasp that  idea. This is also the first time I've legitimately used one of the fractal features on Paint.Net and I got them to kind of look like palm trees and a sunrise/sunset sky. Speaking of, the weather here has been fairly nice - hope it is by you, too

-Ricky

P.S. - Maryland is (officially) a member of the B1G Ten Conference!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.