20 July 2014

A Star is Born

Okay, so I'm an off-season late with the title for the unveiling of the new logo and scheme. But one thing I wanted to see back was the old striping pattern from their Stanley Cup Finals days. Here I figured that we could modernize it a bit and still maybe pull it off.


I had to do extra work to make the template look realistic enough. Then that was followed by using the number font of the MLB's Washington Nationals to help out the metallic part. This is a roundel that I wanted to avoid, but was in desperate need of a shoulder patch and the third jersey crest above is not the same as its predecessor.

I had a lot fun trying to put this together. I loved it so much, I wanted to try it in gold to resurrect the unused set from last decade. Well we can't do everything, can we?

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.