15 July 2014

A Venture Into the BNG Uknown

Remember when I was a regular writer for about a half year over at HJC? Well a lot of people were curious as to what made up my grading rubric. I am disclosing some of the information. I will not however, for debate purposes, discuss the point breakdown of the system. I will describe in detail the original rubric. Originality was weighted heavier than the other categories and appeal was graded based on it's own rubric and per jersey. And somehow, all of these components totaled a 100%.

*Max. three alternates
**Color refers to utilization of colors in the rubric or the lack thereof
but flat out appeal in the appeal rubric

Then as I left HJC for HCI, I began the Ricky Points System (RPS) - a separate evalutaion method but also in conjunction with thte rubric. My description of the RPS on HCI was as follows:
Before I go, it's time to do something that I forgot to tell you about with the chaos of exams and whatnot. The Ricky Points System (RPS) has arrived! {applause, please} Glad it didn't show up yet, because I made changes appropriately to make it more suitable. The criteria are as follows:
  • 10 - Receives a perfect score from the old rubric. (it's really hard to do, that's why it 's worth so much)
  • 4 - Hand-drawn/heavily genetically altered work (of premium quality, not low grade)
  • 2 - "Ricky-esque" in design (not that I like concepts that look like mine - I'm pretty tacky with my wardrobe after all); out of the box
  • 1 - Personal preference

* * * Negative points will be added as the converse of the above {except 2 point rating which is replaced with unoriginality and 4 point rating which is poor in electronic graphic quality only}. However, you cannot be in the negative or at zero upon receiving negative points. Contest winners are subject to points (6,7,8 - cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude) if they reach a minimum on the rubric - provided I have not yet surveyed that concept. * * *
That was my criteria for nominating concepts for HJC and HCI concepts of the week at their respective sites. Though, I admit, I haven't been following up as regularly as I'd like since sometime in February. Not completely keeping up means not using the rubric or the RPS. Seem complicated - well, yes and no. But it really doesn't matter. Tomorrow will feature an example.

-Ricky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing!

Richard Mazella said...

What exactly is so amazing about it in particularr?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.