14 July 2014

The Bruckheimer Strikes Back

While he has not made any indications since Gretzky's announcement to get a Seattle team, Jerry Bruckheimer still has interest in bringing a team to Las Vegas. Do you remember the contest HJC had three years ago to create a new NHL franchise? Las Vegas was chosen in phase one as the location, Vipers were chosen as the nickname, and Tom Vopni's logo design was chosen as the winner and the uniform winner was Martin Laumeyer. My nickname was on the ballot in the second phase - The Saguaros (then purposefully spelled wrong as Seguarros). Over the years, I have come to a conclusion to Change the spelling to it's proper name as it "looks classier" in my opinion.Quite honestly, I'm surprised nobody else came up with a cactus logo inspired team. I didn't even get the idea from the Coyotes' infamous desertscape - which is a new feature on a brand new alternate in this concept. The idea actually spawned off of two things, only having access to MS paint in a country that is only 10% computer literate while I was on vacation and the first thing I thought of that was southwestern was a sombrero on a cactus (maybe it was my experiences at the local Ponderosa Steakhouse) and I was having none of the sombrero.


Generally, the non-jersey components follow the guidelines of the matching ones for the other jerseys. As I made mention of, the desertscape was new. I felt the Reebok curved arms went along with it best. Of course, the midday sun logo was included as a shoulder patch. And that sums it up fairly nicely.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.