10 December 2012

HJC Sample

*** This post never actually was published.
This was my submission to write for Hockey Jersey Concepts on 29 SEPT 2012.***

Friday of Fame


I am going to inform everyone that tonight is the last chance to vote in this weeks polls with the following reminders:

COTW April 15-21 vote (ends tonight @ 11:59pm EST)
1st Quarter vote - COTY (ends tonight @ 11:59pm EST)
NYR Untouchables Top 5 vote (ends tonight @ 11:59pm EST)

Now that the important stuff is accounted for, let's talk hockey jerseys . . .

-------------------------------------------------------

Quick Hits:

Canisius College Golden Griffins (Bobby P.)


Niagara University Purple Eagles (Bobby P.)


Phoenix Coyotes (Mike S.)


-------------------------------------------------------

Springfield Falcons(Andrew G.)

The concept in general seems to be very typical, but Andrew gives us the addition of the silver to the logo in place of the navy blue without completely removing it from the branding. I feel this changes the dynamic of the jerseys completely. The recolored alternate logo as a nice touch at the lower end of the sleeve. This really ties in very well with the Jackets as proven by the NOB and numbering. All of these factors combined, I see an 8/10.

Brampton Battalion

This one just cannot grab me completely. The logo appears to be very bland for a primary logo and the branding takes away relevant color (what Brampton has now) which is already hurting. I understand the reasoning behind everything, but it's a tough concept to grasp overall. If not for execution saving this concept (with a good effort to boot), I unfortunately believe this would be good material similar to a "black ice" or other similar promotions. That means making revenue, which adds value to the concept. A 7/10 is in order here.

-------------------------------------------------------

I am also going to present my profile card. As I continue to make my submissions for you to review.



There is a quote that I would have liked to put on it that would actually have been a revised one spoken by Phil Jackson (replace basketball for hockey to get it). There's more to life than hockey, and there is more to hockey than hockey.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.