15 December 2012

Boise State Broncos and Syracuse Silver Knights

Have you ever personally seen the blue turf at Boise State University's football field? I haven't but it is sure a staple whenever their home games are televised. What if they did that for indoor arena turf?

I'm a fan of the Syracuse Silver Knights of the MISL (2009-present). The team is a midst its second season and plays at the War Memorial at Oncenter downtown. I'd be a Rochester Lancers fan, but the Knighthawks and Buffalo Bandits rivalry in the NLL and the Red Wings versus Buffalo Bisons (IL-AAA-MiLB) has ensured that I will not root for any team in Rochester(, NY). I root for the Americans (Amerks) as they are the AHL affiliate of the Sabres but didn't root the few years the Sabres were in Portland(, ME).

Since the other defunct favorites of mine aren't around, I stuck to the relevance of the Silver Knights in my fanhood. They became the target for my experiment.


Generally I would also have one for indoor lacrosse, however there are only three major markings on the field plus five dots and the goal lines and creases. So we stuck with this.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.