09 December 2015

Flo Rida Panthers?

Okay, maybe not so much about Flo Rida owning the team, but the big news from last night is that the NHL will stay committed to the Florida Panthers. To further implement that, the team's rebrand will keep the current color scheme. This is not wholly surprising, though I personally was not leaning either way. Let's go to the way-back machine and see what has spawned of this from my personal concepts.


Both concepts were submitted for the same HJC competition in the summer of 2012 in which all participants were allowed up to two entries to create new alternates for the team. The first was based on their most recent set of alternates, except with the lighter blue as the primary and the darker blue as secondary compared to the other way around. I liked how they did the numbers for it and HJC founder Ryan like them even more (an attempt for brownie points, before he added additional staffers like myself).


This second one here saw me bring the original navy team jersey back slightly altered for the Reebok cut of template. I have wanted better use out of the crest that I chose. Looking at Jovo's "A"  over the hear, it's not centered the same as the number on the opposite side but you should still get the idea. Neither of these won though the latter probably had a much better shot. I hope they continue to keep the crest logo as an alternate. I'm sure that one of the original jerseys will be brought back for commemoration, but only time will tell.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.