19 October 2013

HJC: Post XXII

*** The following is my post from a different site, please visit www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com for the article. ***

Friday: MoMA

Greetings from New York City as a last minute announcement from my professor last week told me that I was heading to the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art). It's an all day affair, but I the free time block was scheduled for 4-7:30 this evening where I'll be finding family members I haven't seen in a few years. I'll also try to hit up the MSG pro shop along the way. In the mean time, I have competition entries and regular concepts to post. Let's get to 'em!

----------------------------------------

3rd Quarter Vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern time)
COTW Oct 7-13 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern time)
Bottom 10 IIHF entries (due Friday by 11:59pm Eastern time) 

----------------------------------------

Bottom 10 IIHF Competition:

Greece (Danny R.)

Israel (William B.)

United Arab Emirates (Caleb F.)

----------------------------------------

Seattle Metropolitans (Bryan W.)


I myself have used the alternate logo from Justin Cox on a concept. I do like here that lime green is the preferred choice over pacific blue (if it is indeed that hue of blue). I'm not too keen on the stripe administration on the electric green jerseys though. The numbers are well over-sized on the back and not a number font I would use for a uniform. The color order on the electric green uniform's numbers should also match the striping - but I feel the numbers would look better in pacific blue anyway. The view at the top of the Space Needle is cloudy today, a 7 out of 10.

Ottawa Senators (Felix T.)


Again, I'm not a fan of white numbers on colored uniforms when they have a single outline attached. Therefore it impacts the accommodating striping which also then would be preferred by me to be reversed. The logo and assistant's "A" should be slightly smaller and the logo as well as hem striping just a little higher up. Interesting choice of red for the TV numbers but the bleed in too much with the surrounding red of the kit. black would probably be the best choice. The shoulder patch looks bland without an outline to draw attention to it as well. Caesar Augustus puts his thumb sideways, a 6.5 out of 10.

Ottawa Senators (Jets96)


Coincidence that my selection process leads us to another Sens concept. These look very spiffy if I do say so myself. The'y aren't quite complete though for me. The usual high execution quality from Jets96 is applicable. The pants striping just doesn't sit well with me and I would like to see the leaves on all the uniforms. In addition, I would suggest ditching the white helmet and use the red helmet for the black uniform, thus reserving the black helmet for the other two. A heralded 9 out of 10 for the gladiator.

Pittsburgh Penguins (Dylan W.)


I'm still not used to seeing the Penguins in this shade of gold. I applaud Dylan for having a jab at Sid the Kid; but in all seriousness, the use of the 'Canes new yoke without actually using it is a great idea! The fact that there are two different striping patterns is possible, just not with the Penguins. Of the two the striping on the road white is preferred. Nothing in particular stands out or hinders this concept. A 7.5 out of 10.

St. Louis Blues (TG)


I like the idea of double blue immediately . . . they are the Blues after all. The return of the four thin stripes are a welcomed re-arrival as well as the double number outline. from the road white I wouldn't use a yoke outline but aside of those things, I see a great throwback uniform that will never be worn. Great stuff for a traditional looking Blues uniform set. An 8 out of 10.

Buffalo Sabres (Felix T.)


This concept looks more like either a vintage faux-back or something from the River City Sports catalog. While I like certain aspects, This unfortunately has more negative than positive. I can't do white font on yellow which the white should be channeled towards the striping. The logo and assistant's "A" are over-sized and too far down and Reebok wouldn't be happy that nobody can see their name behind the collar area of the yoke. Also the TV numbers are rather small for appropriate sizes of anything feel free to consult either the tutorials or the other folder in the HJC Drag and Drop files. A 6.5 out of 10.

Latvia (Brian B.) 

This looks too much like a racing uniform rather than what Nashville has done in the past. I'm not a fan of anything despite execution. Color Distribution seems weird too. A 6 out of 10.

Latvia (Stephen T.)
'

The way this is presented makes it look like it could be substituted in for the Coyotes to use. I don't like the number font, but it won't be going away any time soon. I really like the striping, but I would like to see it more prevalent in the colored uniform. An 8 out of 10.

Calgary Flames (Brady S.)


The striping and pants have never been a favorite of mine and this is no exception. If I liked it in any capacity would be if it were translated to the yoke. and in order to match the socks, I would fill in the cuffs and bottom of the sleeves. I think I can overlook my white number pet peeve on this one. A 7.5 out of 10.

I'd certainly rather look at  the art we've just seen rather than modern art, as it pertains more to sport what we do. In any event, see you soon!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.