30 December 2013

Stadium Series: LA

The whole series actually took me less time than I had figured, so I am very pleased with the results. Though not perfect because of the means of the template, I cannot be overly disappointed with how things turned out. I was going to do the Winter and Heritage Classic uniforms but I am probably going to refrain from the former. As for the latter, I'm undecided. This mini-series was a lot of fun to do, lets check one of them out right now!


This one was the easiest. You will notice that there is no chrome in these designs, even though I like the chrome, they just don't belong on jerseys. In addition, all of the jerseys will have mesh underarms. How about the Ducks elongated roundel shoulder patch? I've promoted that as a crest logo and retained the Orange County patch from the actual jerseys for the shoulder yoke. In its competitor, I brought back the purple for the Freeway neighbors. For me, the silver is not enough of an accent color to support the black and white. I also brought back the shield logo to the crest design. How do you think I fared the task?

I am not too pleased with what I saw on Saturday night at the Sabres Store. While I got to go through the various NHL, Bandits, and (Rochester) Americans jerseys, they bumped the price of Bandits uniforms up two dollars and an additional ten on Sabres named jerseys. Now I don't buy jerseys from there except that blank NLL East All-Star one and there are two local places (one Bandits store, one other store) that have the best deals in town. But I saw other jerseys/templates for the first time in person. These include the Sabres cape, the IIHF jerseys (RUS/CAN/USA), the Flames third, and the practice uniforms (in this case, Sabres camo). They don't have all of the teams home and/or away. But they also showed the Bots alternate for the first time. But hey, I at least can get another look before I go to school a week from Friday when the Bandits host the Toronto Rock.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.